Traxxas – 1/10 Scale – TRX4 Scale & Trail Crawler Chevrolet K5 Blazer Brushed Electric Remote Control Truck
Note: Colour may vary. We will do our best to give you your first choice.
Take the Path Less Traveled.
The Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is an all-new Traxxas design that instantly obsoletes the status quo with greatly expanded features, versatility, and capability. In other words, we built it the Traxxas way, rugged, powerful, and ready for fun!
Ultimate Ground Clearance
The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is equipped right out of the box with Traxxas’ game-changing portal axle set. Portal axles lift the truck at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles (and not get stuck), your tires would have to be over an inch taller than the TRX-4’s tires. Straddling boulders with ease, the TRX-4 chassis definitely takes the path less travelled and simply leaves all the others behind.
Torque Twist Eliminated
The portal axles use gear reduction right at the wheels that dramatically reduces undesirable torque twist. Total axle gear reduction is over twice non-portal designs. The Titan 550 motor torque is translated into straight, powerful, forward motion, rather than wasted energy twisting your rig right off the rocks.
Portal axle geometry raises the axle link mounts and center driveshaft, greatly reducing critical driveshaft and suspension link angles. This means less strain on the driveshafts, and the higher suspension links provide greater clearance with less scraping and dragging across the rocks. The steering drag link and tie rod are also raised up and out of harm’s way.
Rigid Steel Frame
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone that lets the suspension do the work it was designed to do. You’ll feel the difference on trails where the elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
Remote Locking Differentials
Traxxas gives you the versatility to lock and unlock the front and rear differentials to suit your driving needs directly from your transmitter. Leave the differentials unlocked for relaxed driving on the trail with smooth, tight turning and better handling at high speeds. When the trail gets technical, lock the front and rear differentials, or just the front, for superior grip over extreme terrain. Our patented design has been proven rugged and capable in the Traxxas Summit. New sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting the huge suspension articulation.
45° Steering Angle
Traditional crawlers sacrifice turning radius for traction. The TRX-4’s remote locking differentials disengage to take full advantage of its superior 45 degree steering angle. Once you clear the obstacle, re-engage the differentials for ultimate traction.
Hi/Low Range Transmission
When the going gets tough, use your transmitter to shift into low range for incredible 4-wheel drive pulling torque. Shift into high range for blasting down the trail. The plush suspension design absorbs rough terrain with ease and delivers outstanding scale appearance. Unmatched versatility makes the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler adaptable to just about any situation or driving style.
Metal Gear Digital Servo
A new full-metal gear digital servo gives you the durability and steering authority you need to confidently and reliably power through tough situations.
Traxxas was the first to bring you fully waterproof RC vehicles years ago with our innovative designs. The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is fully waterproof for how you like to really play, not “splash resistant.” There is a big difference. Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
The TRX-4 Trail and Scale is being shown with the legendary Land Rover Defender body, complete with exciting scale details for an authentic 4-wheelin’ experience. We’ve included a functional spare wheel and tire, an off-road jack, and spare fuel canisters. Secure your trail gear in the included roof basket. There’s even a snorkel for taking the waterproof TRX-4 through creek crossings. The rugged bumpers provide clearance and protection and are equipped with recovery D-rings. The front bumper is designed to be compatible with many popular off-road accessories.
The scale details did not stop with the body. We went underneath to install detailed inner fenders that integrate with the scale look of the floor pans and shock towers, keeping rocks, mud, and twigs out of the chassis. The inner fenders are also equipped with pockets to install our optional LED rock light kit (sold separately) to light up the night trail, casting light right where it’s needed. The rock lights make changing a “flat tire” on the trail a breeze! 😉 Integrated rock sliders help protect the body from damage.
The Traxxas TQi radio system is equipped with cruise control for long-distance treks. Set your speed using the transmitter and then use the multi-function knob to fine-tune it faster or slower to precisely match the pace of your caravan of trail explorers. Cruise control makes it easy and comfortable for the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to be your companion for hours of driving fun and exploration.
3S Power System
The new XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability for stronger, more efficient running. New speed control profiles have been added for smooth and precise control. A new Trail profile facilitates smooth driving for most of your adventures, while a new Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Either will help you navigate obstacles with ease, right from the start. Long run times, up to 2 hours, are possible with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!
Canyon Trail 1.9 Tires
The 1.9 Canyon Trail tires and tuned foam inserts are super-soft and grippy to deliver superior bite on rocky surfaces with convincing scale realism. The 12mm steel hex drive makes the TRX-4 chassis compatible with popular 1.9 wheel and tire combinations.
Leave the tools in the bag! The Traxxas TRX-4 chassis is built to handle the rigors of remote locations and all-day driving fun. The foundation begins with a pair of 1.5mm thick steel frame rails. Large diameter steel links and heavy-duty, extra-wide rod ends keep the suspension firmly mounted. Hardened steel CV-style half-shaft joints are ultra reliable, while the brushless-ready steel portal axle and transfer case gears are smooth and quiet. Traxxas’ composite materials have been refined over three decades for the ultimate in strength and durability.
Aluminum GTS Shocks
All new oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks were created exclusively for the TRX-4 chassis. These silver-anodized aluminum units deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded shock bodies for easy ride height adjustments. The convincing scale realism looks great and they perform even better with an O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals.
Steep approach angles front and rear allow the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to tackle big obstacles head on. The front motor design biases weight forward for superior climbing ability compared to other designs.
Length: 20.62 inches (524mm)
Front Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80mm)
Weight: 6.26lb (2.84kg)
Height (overall): 10.05 inches (255mm)
Wheelbase: 12.28 inches (312mm)
Approach Angle: 59°
Departure Angle: 47°
Breakover Angle: 59°
Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Hex Size: 12mm
Speed Control: XL-5 HV
Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
Gear Pitch: 32P
Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
Brake Type: Electronic “Hill Hold”
Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
Transmitter: TQi™ 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
Skill Level: 2
Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Type: High-torque brushed motor
Weight: 390g (13.76oz)
Length: 3.071” (78mm) overall length, 2.25” (57mm) can length, 1.532” (38.9mm diameter)
Turns: 21T reverse rotation
Input Voltage: 6–7 Cells NiMH, 2–3s LiPo
Case Size: 1.23” W x 2.18” D x 1.04” H
Weight: 2.6oz (74g)
Motor Limit: 21-turns (550 size)
On Resistance Forward: 0.004 Ohms
On Resistance Reverse: 0.004 Ohms
Peak Current – Forward: 100A
Peak Current – Reverse: 100A
Braking Current: 60A
Continuous Current: 18A
BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
BEC Current: 1A
Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5”
Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 14.5”
Transistor Type: MOSFET
PWM Frequency: 1700Hz
Low Voltage Detection (LVD): 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
Thermal Protection: Thermal Shutdown
Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
Training Mode:* 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
Trail Mode: 100% FWD, 100% Brake, 100% REV, Trail-Tuned Brake on Neutral
Crawl Mode: 100% FWD, 100% Instant REV, 100% Brake on Neutral
Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Custom-Painted Chevrolet Blazer Body
- Scale details: grille, chrome bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, and wipers
- LED-ready headlights and tail lights
- Tinted windows
- Authentic decal sheet
- Full Nylon composite wheel wells and floor pans
- Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode — forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode — forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode™ — 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode — forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode — forward / instant reverse – no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6–7 cell NiMH (7.2–8.4V) and 2–3s LiPo (7.4–11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300mm, 312mm, 324mm, 336mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions for SWB and LWB configurations
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Remote locking steel gear differentials with cable-actuation
- Steel gear transfer case
- Innovative Battery Compartment
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Integrated compartment accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Secondary front battery tray accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Two speed high/low range with remote shifting
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal gear digital servo
- Superior 45° steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front — 3 link with panhard
- Rear — Triangulated 4 link
- Heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5mm diameter steel link rods with 4mm threaded ends
- Aluminum GTS Shocks
- Oil-filled coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- Wheels and Tires
- Replica chrome Rally wheels with hub inserts
- Pre-mounted 1.9” Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12mm steel hex
- TQi™ 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- Telemetry ready #6533 5-channel micro receiver with failsafe
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link enabled models
- Exclusive Cruise Control feature for extended trail driving
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle endpoints
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Patented O-ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating
What’s In The Box:
- TRX-4, Ready-To-Race® model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
What You’ll Need:
TRX-4 accepts a wide variety of NiMH (4–7 cell) and LiPo (2s–3s) batteries.
Traxxas EZ-Peak Live charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model #2971).
- AA Alkaline Batteries
Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.
Available in either Red or Orange
Note: Colour may vary. We will do our best to give you your first choice.
Product Id: 82076-4